Highly Rated and Experienced Durham Personal Injury Attorneys
We hope no one ever needs our services, but careless drivers, manufacturers, and healthcare professionals cause injuries every day. If you were injured or if you lost a family member because someone else made a serious mistake, our personal injury attorneys in Durham, NC are here first to answer your questions so you can figure out for yourself what direction you should take. Our personal injury lawyers in Durham, NC have handled a wide range of injury cases and now have a special focus on bicycle crashes.
We believe you should think carefully before you hire the best personal injury lawyer or wrongful death lawyer for your family. That is why we write about the things you should expect to happen in your case. We are all experienced trial lawyers and regularly file lawsuits. So we won’t hesitate to file a lawsuit if that is what the situation calls for. However, we also will tell you upfront if we think you don’t need a lawyer in your particular case.
Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Cases We’ve Handled
Here is just a sampling of the cases our personal injury lawyers have handled:
- A man who was rear-ended in Union County and suffered spinal cord injuries that left him paralyzed
- A paving truck driver who was seriously injured after a worker negligently allowed him to be sprayed with hot paving materials
- A health care manager who suffered severe burns after a service technician leaked natural gas into an enclosed room and caused an explosion
Our wrongful death lawyers have helped clients like:
- A woman whose husband was killed after a dump truck crashed into his work van in Wake County
- A man whose wife was killed by a drunk driver while she was taking a walk in Chatham County
- A husband whose wife was killed by a truck driver while she was participating in a charity bicycle ride in Craven County
Call us if you have questions, and we can help you understand your legal rights and the steps you need to take to make sure your personal injury or wrongful death case is handled in the way that is best for you and your family.
Common Personal Injury Questions
What is a personal injury case?
What is a class action lawsuit?
What is negligence?
What are punitive damages?
What are compensatory damages?
What is contributory negligence?
What is an intentional tort?
I slipped, fell and injured myself at the department store. Am I entitled to damages?
How is negligence determined?
– the defendant owed plaintiff a duty of care
– the defendant breached that duty
– the defendant’s breach injured the plaintiff
– defendant’s behavior was a proximate cause of the injury to plaintiff
– damages, based on harm of a legally recognized kind